Police Reform and Social Responsibility Bill
TO BE MOVED
[Supplementary to the Revised Fifth Marshalled List]
Page 97, line 5, after “Square” insert “and the area known as Abingdon Green”
Page 97, line 7, after “Square” insert “and the area known as Abingdon Green”
Leave out Clause 144 and insert—
“Parliament Square committee
(1) Within six months of the passing of this Act, the Secretary of State shall by regulations establish a committee with responsibility for managing the controlled area of Parliament Square.
(2) The committee’s members shall be representatives of—
(a) all of the bodies which own or have responsibility for the controlled area of Parliament Square, and
(b) the Metropolitan police force.
(3) The committee shall coordinate the work of its members in order to ensure that the controlled area of Parliament Square is kept clear of litter, detritus or othe debris.
(4) The Committee shall report annually to both Houses of Parliament.”
Leave out Clause 145 and insert—
“Demonstrations in Parliament Square
(1) The committee shall cooperate with any relevant bodies to facilitate lawful, authorised demonstrations in the controlled area of Parliament Square.
(2) The committee shall have the power to authorise the removal of any—
(a) tent erected in the controlled area of Parliament Square,
(b) other structure that is designed, or adapted, (solely or mainly) for the purpose of facilitating the sleeping or staying in a place for any period erected in the controlled area of Parliament Square,
(c) sleeping equipment placed in the controlled area of Parliament Square for the purpose of sleeping overnight in that area, or
(d) litter, detritus or other debris.
(3) The committee shall ensure that between midnight and 6am every night any items listed in subsection (2) are removed.”