APPENDIX 6: DAC DEFINITIONS |
Official Development Assistance (ODA)
Grants and loans to (eligible) developing countries
- Provided by official agencies
in donor countries
- Concessional (with a 'grant element' of at least
- Disbursed with the intention of promoting economic
to mean "Net ODA (NODA) from DAC members to DAC-eligible
- Excludes military and peacekeeping
aid, but includes some 'peace and development' activities (e.g.
DFID contributions to HMG Conflict Pool).
- Includes technical assistance and debt
- Includes transfers to multilateral agencies
(e.g. World Bank and IMF).